September 14, 2020
Our mission is to help build a better Internet. Establishing trust with our Customers, users, and the Internet community plays a key role in this mission. To earn and maintain that trust, we commit to communicating transparently, providing security, and protecting the privacy of data on our systems.
We keep personal information safe and private. We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We will not share or otherwise disclose your personal information except as necessary to provide our Services or as otherwise described in this Policy without first providing you with notice and the opportunity to consent.
1. Policy Application
This Policy applies to Panelbear’s collection, use, and disclosure of the personal information of the following categories of data subjects:
- Website Visitors: Those who visit our Websites, including those who may opt to provide an email address or other contact information to receive communications from Panelbear, fill out a survey, or provide feedback. For the purposes of this Policy, “Websites” refer collectively to panelbear.com as well as any other websites Panelbear operates for its own behalf and that link to this Policy. For clarity, “Websites” does not include any sites owned or operated by our Customers.
- Customers: Individuals or entities who enter into a subscription agreement with Panelbear (or its authorized partner) and to whom Panelbear provides Services pursuant to such agreement. For purposes of this Policy, “Services” shall refer to all of the cloud-based solutions offered, marketed, or sold by Panelbear or its authorized partners.
- Administrators: Those with login credentials for a Panelbear account and/or those who administer any of the Services for a Customer. In some cases, an Administrator and Customer may be the same individual. In other cases, an Administrator may be an agent acting on behalf of a Customer.
- End Users: Those who access or use our Customers’ domains, networks, websites, application programming interfaces, and applications, or are authorized Panelbear users, such as our Customers’ employees, agents, or contractors.
This Policy also does not apply to our Customers’ domains, websites, APIs, applications, and networks, which may have their own terms and privacy policies. Our Customers are solely responsible for establishing policies for and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including those relating to the collection of personal information, in connection with the use of our Services by End Users with whom our Customers interact.
Panelbear’s Websites and Services are not intended for, nor designed to attract, individuals under the age of eighteen. Panelbear does not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of eighteen.
2. Information we collect
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service.
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Non-personally identifiable personal data for usage
Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit our Websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files to be able to provide you with our Services. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, browser type, browser version, and locale and language preferences.
For clarity, the purpose of these log files is enable us to operate and provide you with our Services, and to monitor for malicious activity. These log files are not shared with third parties, and are permanently deleted after a short amount of time (but no longer than 90 days).
We do not use and store information about your location except for country of origin (we do not track IP address or anything more granular than country.
We use functional cookies on panelbear.com. These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Customer Account Information
When you register for an account, we collect contact information. Depending on subscription level, this contact information may include your Customer name, the email address(es) of your account Administrator(s), telephone number, and addresses necessary to process payment and delivery of Services.
We refer to all of this information collectively as “Customer Account Information” for the purposes of this Policy. Customer Account Information is required to enable your access to your Panelbear account and Services. By providing us with any personal information, you represent that you are the owner of such personal information or otherwise have the requisite consent to provide it to us.
We do not require our Customers to have payment information on file with us unless they have a paid subscription to our Services. When you sign up for one of our paid Services, you must provide payment and billing information. The information you will need to submit depends on which payment method you choose. For example, if you pay with a credit card, we will collect your card information and billing address, although we do not store full credit card numbers or personal account numbers.
Panelbear processes End Users’ information on behalf of our Customers. This information is processed when End Users access or use our Customers’ domains, websites, APIs, applications, devices, end points, and networks that use one or more of our Services. Panelbear also processes End Users’ information on behalf of our Customers when the End Users access our Services pursuant to our Customers’ authorization. The information processed may include but is not limited to IP addresses, system configuration information, and other information about traffic to and from Customers’ websites, devices, applications, and/or networks (collectively, “Log Data”).
3. How we use information we collect
Panelbear only processes personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized. We may use the information to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Websites and Services for all users of the Websites and Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Websites and Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Websites and Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Comply with legal obligations as well as to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize the Websites and Services, including by providing features or content that match your interests and preferences;
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
We use and process the Log Data from End Users to fulfill our obligations under our Customer agreements and as may be required by law. We act as a data processor and service provider pursuant to data processing instructions by our Customers.
4. UK and EU residents
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
5. California Residents
We do not sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code Sec. 1798.100 et seq.), nor do we do not sell, rent, or share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes as defined under California Civil Code Sec. 1798.83.
6. Retention of data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
7. Information sharing
Specifically, we do not permit our Service Providers to sell any personal information we share with them or to use any personal information we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any purpose other than in connection with the services they provide to us.
In addition to sharing with Service Providers as described above, we also may share your information with others in the following circumstances:
- In the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all or part of our business;
- When we are required to disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Where we have a good-faith belief sharing is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required to comply with our legal obligations; or
- Other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
8. Data subject rights
You have the right to access, correct, update, export, or delete your personal information. You may email us at [email protected] with any such subject access requests (“SAR”), and we will respond within thirty (30) days. Customers and Administrators also can access, correct, export, or update their Account Information by editing their profile or organization record at panelbear.com.
For any subject access request ("SAR"), we will need to verify a requestor is inquiring about their own information before we can assist. Where a SAR may implicate the personal data of another individual, we must balance the request against the risk of violating another person’s privacy rights.
Panelbear has no direct relationship with End Users. Accordingly, we rely upon our Customers to comply with the underlying legal requirements for subject access requests. If an End User requests that we access, correct, update, or delete their information, or no longer wishes to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our Services, we will direct that End User to contact the Customer website(s) with which they interacted directly. Our Customers are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to their website users.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Conva Ventures Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
9. Communication preferences
Panelbear will send you commercial communications based on the communication preferences in your account settings. Panelbear also will send you service-related communications. You may manage your receipt of commercial communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of such emails, through your account settings if you have a Panelbear account, or you may send a request to [email protected].
10. Data security, integrity and access
We take all reasonable steps to protect information we receive from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, and we make use of privacy-enhancing technologies such as encryption. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
11. Notification of changes
If we make changes to this Policy that we believe materially impact the privacy of your personal information, we will promptly provide notice of any such changes (and, where necessary, obtain consent), as well as post the updated Policy on this website noting the effective date of any changes.
12. Business transactions
We may assign or transfer this Policy, as well as information covered by this Policy, in the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all or part of our business.